Day 2 Intervals

Posted 8 years, 1 month ago at 11:12 pm. 0 comments

So I made it through Day 1 without too many problems, other than the desire for white corn tortilla chips was overwhelming at times.  I would then think about those tasty wonders doing absolutely nothing for me and keeping me from my goal of becoming ripped, so I refrained.  The makers of Tostitos should definitely be shot, or at least maimed.

Today I will do some intervals, but I won’t be able to do those until after I take my son to Cub Scouts, so it will be awesome because it will be cold and dark when I’m finally running tonight.  I really need to get a membership to the workout room in the building next to me, because it’s got showers so I can do this stuff at lunch and manage my time a bit better.  I’m finding that time management is my biggest problem, so I need to improve that so I can fit in all of my other obligations, like that whole work thing and that pesky family of mine.

I know you’re dying to know what I ate today, so here you go:

  • 1 large cup of my patented pussed up coffee (some Jamaican Blue Mountain stuff with Splenda and a shot or two of half & half)
  • Egg white omelet (I’ve been spelling it omelette and Firefox is not amused) with cheese and broccoli
  • 2 apples
  • 1/4 cup of almonds
  • chicken breast & spinach salad with light Caesar dressing
  • celery with peanut butter (5 of them, but I wanted about 20)
  • grilled chicken breast & lots of broccoli
  • banana (I know I probably shouldn’t have, but it was post-run)
  • lots of water (I’m not really keeping track of the quantity, just know that it’s a lot)

As usual, home life and work life tried to interfere with my plans.  Cub Scouts got canceled, and I had to work a bit later than usual.  When I got home, there was nobody there, so I grilled up a bunch of chicken for the coming days.  I ground some coffee while I waited, then steamed a bunch of broccoli to go with the chicken.  After I helped get the kids into bed, I was about to go out and run my intervals when work called.  I was on a call for an hour and a half, finishing up at 10:30pm.  It’s 25°F (-4°C) outside and it’s late, the perfect excuses not to run.  But hell, it’s only Day 2 and I know I would catch hell from at least one person, so I went out and did it.

Day 2 is in the books and I’m dressed very unfashionably as I type this.

No Replies

Feel free to leave a reply using the form below!

Leave a Reply